Vitamin C Brightening Serum
Our Vitamin C Brightening Serum contains Ascorbyl Glucoside, a stabilised Ascorbic Acid derivative with superior formulation stability; it is easily soluble in water. It resists discoloration and degradation whilst retaining all the biological activity of L-ascorbic acid. Ascorbyl Glucoside has the same lightening sun protective and anti-ageing properties as L-ascorbic acid. It penetrates your skin where it is metabolised to free Vitamin C.
Clinical Trials Conducted
Sixteen female volunteers (37 to 55 years old) applied a face cream containing 2 % of Ascorbyl Glucoside, twice a day.
Promotion of Collagen Synthese
(*Significantly different from control at <0.05 and significantly different from vitamin C at <0.05)
Wrinkle Reduction / Skin Roughness
Sixteen female volunteers (37 to 55 years old) applied a face cream containing 2 % of Ascorbyl Glucoside, twice a day for a total of 112 days to the outer corners of their eyes and cheek area.
Our Balancing Moisturiser contains ALPAFLOR® ALP-SEBUM CB which considerably helps to reduce the skin’s sebum production, which is responsible for shiny skin. Many people suffer from oily skin, a shiny appearance, and enlarged pores, which can affect their confidence levels.
ALPAFLOR® ALP-SEBUM CB is produced from Epilobium fleischeri, a rare glacier species of Willowherb, organically, sustainably, and ethically cultivated in the Alps, whose outstanding soothing activity has been known to the Alpine population for centuries. DSM selected Epilobium fleischeri over other Epilobium species because of its especially high quantity of both Oenothein B and flavonoids. These are the key compounds that show sebum regulating and anti-inflammatory activities.
Sebum production is regulated in the sebaceous glands by hormones such as testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT). But DHT, which is converted from testosterone by the enzyme 5α-reductase (type 1), shows much stronger activity than testosterone.
Clinical Trials Conducted
In vivo study with 3D facial colour sebum mapping shows visible effects on the different facial areas. In addition, care is taken for the skin microbiome to balance it for improving the healthy-looking skin without impacting the microbiome diversity.
The inhibition of 5α-reductase is thus the most efficient way to visibly decrease sebum production.
Outstanding facial colour mapping showing a sebum production decrease (-17%) in all facial areas, with a strong focus on forehead and cheek, after 4 weeks
- Strong reduction versus placebo of non-inflammatory lesions (-45%) and of porphyrins, the risk factor for acne (-65%)
- Microbiome balancing activities, promoting microbial skin self-defence, and reducing the risk of skin irritation e.g., by
- downregulating troublesome bacteria such as Staphylococcus capitis and Corynebacterium kroppenstedtii; and
- promoting beneficial skin bacteria like Staphylococcus epidermidis and Micrococcus yunnanensis
- Inhibition of 5-α-reductase is the most efficient way to decrease sebum production (-56% after 2 months in vivo study)
- Unique glacier willowherb species, Epilobium Fleischer, sustainably, fairly, and organically cultivated
- Organic prebiotic bioactive (against oily skin, enlarged pores, sensitive skin, and acne prone skin)
- Delivers a sustainable visible mattified skin with less oil and sebum
- Restores the skin’s healthy appearance
- Reduces spots, leads to a visibly clearer and cleaner skin
- Products that target oily, shiny skin
- Skin care products for young skin
- Enlarged pores and blemish care
- Colour cosmetic with mattifying biological effect